RESEARCH BASED INSTRUCTION
Coach Ryan Christenson is an Associate Coach for Tom House Sports (THS), LLC - Midwest formerly known as the National Pitching Association. Tom House Sports, LLC was founded is led by Dr. Tom House and his 50+ years of research. Tom and THS are renowned for their health and performance research and development involving three-dimensional analysis of human movement, physical preparation and training to support rotational athletes in movement, identifying the metabolic requirements of proper nutrition to fuel human activity, and mentoring athletes’ competition with mental/emotional management skills. We provide instruction for ALL rotational athletes but are most known for our work with pitchers, baseball/softball position players and elite quarterbacks.
- Provide age appropriate instruction for athletes of all ages and abilities.
- Communicate with each athletes entire support system (i.e. parents, coaches, etc) to provide a more quality experience for each athlete.
- To help challenge athletes to strive for excellence in all aspects of life.
- To instill a passion and love of athletics that they will pass on to future generations.
- To continually seek out sport-specific programs that will help athletes be more successful and prolong their careers.
As a pitcher, the most important attribute to being successful can be contributed to health of your throwing arm. In order for the throwing arm to grow and increase velocity, it needs to be healthy. With arm injuries increasing daily, arm health is our #1 priority. If you are an athlete who is serious about improving as a player and person, you have come to the right spot. Training with Coach Christenson includes, but is not limited to, the following methodologies:
- Functional Strength & Conditioning - An athlete is only as strong as his/her weakest link. Players will learn proper arm care and strength training cross-specific to the movements required in their sport(s).
- Movement Mechanics - You are only as efficient as your worst movement.
- Mental/Emotional Management - Strategies to helps athletes handle the competitive stress and anxiety in athletics.
- Nutritional Management - How to fuel the body properly to speed up recovery and improve performance.